The annual WSC Open House will be held Saturday, October 1st from 1-4PM, rain or shine! We will have demonstrations and activities for the young, old, and “young at heart”. Learn about:
- The American Wolf, an educational talk by Mike and Amy from Wolf Talk Educational Programs.
- Hunting with Hawks, Falcons and Owls from the Massachusetts Falconry and Hawk Trust.
- The Revolutionary War from re-enactors of the 6th Middlesex Regiment.
- The modern armed forces with members of the 66th Air Base Group from Hanscom AFB.
- The Boy Scouts from Dunstable Troop 28.
- The Upper Merrimack Valley Medical Reserve Corps, our region’s community service organization that responds to public health emergencies and large-scale disasters.
- National and local veterans benefits from Westford’s Veterans Service Officer.
- A historic Bren Gun, restored by Alan Quinn.
- The SWAT team from NEMLEC.
- The Westford Police Department’s K-9 unit.
- The Westford Highway Department, with a hands-on truck display.
- A representative for the NRA and National Shooting Sports Foundation will be present.
On top of all those great displays, the club is proud to showcase these activities of its own:
- Archery will be demonstrated, and you can try your skills.
- Trap (shotgun) will be open, and you can play a round on the field.
- Sporting Clays demonstrations.
- The pond will still have some trout, so we’ll have some fishing poles available and some “expert” fly fishermen.
- Our Bullseye Pistol team will be giving demo at the pistol range every half hour starting at 1:15PM.
(1:15PM, 1:45PM, 2:15PM. 2:45PM, 3:15PM, 3:45PM)
- Learn to Shoot from our .22 rifle coaches at the rifle range.
- Game Preserve representatives will be on hand.
- WSC’s Sportswomen group will be well represented.
- We’ll have pumpkin decorating at the fire pit.
Also, there will be free refreshments:
- Hot dogs, chips, and hot and cold beverages.
- S’mores at the fire pit.
Invite your friends and neighbors!
Please us with any questions.