The road leading to the outdoor ranges is now closed to traffic until further notice. It’s apparently getting too soft for most vehicles to safety negotiate it. The ranges remain open, but members will have to park at the center field and walk.
As soon as things dry out a bit, access will be restored.
Al Prescott, WSC President
The Westford Sportsmen’s Club 2021 membership renewal drive is now underway. Dues are payable, and due at the beginning of January 2021.
Dues rates remain unchanged from 2020; $150/$75 for regular member/spouse, $75/$37.50 for senior member/senior spouse. The work assessment is unchanged: 4 hours or $50. Please be sure to add the $50 work assessment if you did not complete your four hours of work for the club during 2020.
If you are unsure if you put in your work hours for 2020, contact the Membership Secretary and he will check his records. Only one work assessment per family group, and Seniors and Life Members are excused from the work assessment.
Gate access cards will be disabled for members whose dues are not paid by February 1st unless prior arrangements for payment had already been made with the Membership Secretary. Only members in good standing will have access to club facilities (including the clubhouse WiFi and private web pages) after that date. A late payment fee of $25.00 will be assessed on dues not received by February 28th.
Membership will be terminated for any member whose dues remain unpaid by June 30th, and can only be restored by the full interview process (and payment of initiation fees).
You can renew online via PayPal, or by submitting the renewal form by mail with a check.
Please see WSC Indoor Range Chair Chuck Steinhauser’s letter of July 7th, and WSC President David Martin’s letters of May 21st and March 19th to the membership about changes being made to club operations to comply with State and Federal directions to reduce the rate of infection from the coronavirus pandemic.
The current changes are:
7-Jul’20: From today’s Indoor Range Chair’s Letter:
- The Indoor Range will reopen on Sunday, July 12th operating under additional health and safety rules.
21-May’20: From today’s President’s Letter:
- Trap has resumed for WSC members only on a restricted basis using a new online reservation system and new operating standards. Also, payments for rounds may now be made online.
- Our Outdoor Archery range and 3D Archery course remain open to members.
- According to the State Reopening Plan, Hunting has recommenced. Members should adhere to Social Distancing guidelines and must follow state Hunting regulations. This refers to generic hunting – the Game Preserve has never stocked birds during the summer.
- 1-Apr’20: From the President: The entire clubhouse (including meeting spaces,
Indoor Range, and both bathrooms) is closed. Please avoid entering closed spaces except in case of an emergency for access to resources like the AED or landline phone.
- 1-Apr’20: From the Trap chair: The May 16th ATA Trap Marathon is canceled. The April 11th Marathon was already canceled.
- 27-Mar’20: From the Membership Secretary: Monthly New Member Presentations will be conducted online via Zoom videoconferencing until further notice.
20-Mar’20: From the Indoor Range chair: The Indoor Range (and its “inner” bathroom) is closed until further notice.
19-Mar’20: From today’s President’s Letter:
- E-Board and General Membership meetings are cancelled until further notice. We are investigating ways to carry on the club’s functions through online tools.
- Open Sporting Clays
and Trap shoots normally held on Saturday mornings in the spring/summer will be suspended until further notice. The activity chairs are searching for ways to carry on these activities in compliance with social distancing; possibly by changing the format of our shoots to allow small groups of members to participate on a staggered schedule.
We are developing an interim process to allow new members to join the club without attending a General Membership meeting. We will notify the membership once we have a process defined.
- The Children’s Fishing Derby, scheduled for April 18th is cancelled. If at all possible, a future date will be announced. All members should please mail in their tickets for the Fishing Derby. We will hold the promotional drawing live on Facebook on April 18th at 11:00 a.m. We appreciate all members that donated to help sponsor this event. The funds from the promotional drawing will be held in the Fishing Derby Account until the derby is held.
- We are considering a small stocking of the pond sometime in early April for members and families to fish. Remember: the 3 trout per day limit is in effect.
Despite these difficult changes, the Westford Sportsmen’s Club will remain open to members. Please take advantage of the club to get outside and decompress.
Remember while you are at the club to follow the guidelines for social distancing:
- Don’t congregate in groups larger than 10;
- Don’t gather in the club buildings;
- Maintain a 6 foot distance between individuals;
- If you are ill, please stay off club grounds;
- … and finally – WASH YOUR HANDS!
President, Westford Sportsmen’s Club
A club officer’s personal address book has been copied by hackers. They are masquerading as the officer in bogus EMails asking people to shop for gift cards on their behalf to be used to buy “Corona Disease” masks for veterans in “Hospice and Palliative care units”.
There is no club veteran hospice virus mask program. This is a criminal fraud. WSC officers will never contact members to buy gift cards on their behalf for any purpose. Do not respond to such EMails in any way.