The Indoor Range is back in operation,
and available for member use.
Contact the Indoor Range chair for details.
Prizes are $10 Market Basket Gift Cards,
limit one prize per shooter
$5 Entry Fee gets you:
- “Chuckwagon” Bill’s Ginger-Snap Crusted Smoked Ham/Coleslaw and Baked Bean Lunch
- 1 Door Prize Drawing Ticket
- Entry into “Adios” Shoot-off; last shooter on 27-yard line gets gift card.
25-shot Rounds are $3.50 or 1 WSC card punch:
with more chances to win…
- Smoke Puff Birds – Gift Card Winners
- White Birds – extra drawing ticket
Most White Birds – Wins a gift card.
How to Enter……
Reserve spots at this online signup calendar,
or sign up (if space available) on site starting at 9:30.
Here is the lovely flyer.
Please see WSC Indoor Range Chair Chuck Steinhauser’s letter of July 7th, and WSC President David Martin’s letters of May 21st and March 19th to the membership about changes being made to club operations to comply with State and Federal directions to reduce the rate of infection from the coronavirus pandemic.
The current changes are:
7-Jul’20: From today’s Indoor Range Chair’s Letter:
- The Indoor Range will reopen on Sunday, July 12th operating under additional health and safety rules.
21-May’20: From today’s President’s Letter:
- Trap has resumed for WSC members only on a restricted basis using a new online reservation system and new operating standards. Also, payments for rounds may now be made online.
- Our Outdoor Archery range and 3D Archery course remain open to members.
- According to the State Reopening Plan, Hunting has recommenced. Members should adhere to Social Distancing guidelines and must follow state Hunting regulations. This refers to generic hunting – the Game Preserve has never stocked birds during the summer.
- 1-Apr’20: From the President: The entire clubhouse (including meeting spaces,
Indoor Range, and both bathrooms) is closed. Please avoid entering closed spaces except in case of an emergency for access to resources like the AED or landline phone.
- 1-Apr’20: From the Trap chair: The May 16th ATA Trap Marathon is canceled. The April 11th Marathon was already canceled.
- 27-Mar’20: From the Membership Secretary: Monthly New Member Presentations will be conducted online via Zoom videoconferencing until further notice.
20-Mar’20: From the Indoor Range chair: The Indoor Range (and its “inner” bathroom) is closed until further notice.
19-Mar’20: From today’s President’s Letter:
- E-Board and General Membership meetings are cancelled until further notice. We are investigating ways to carry on the club’s functions through online tools.
- Open Sporting Clays
and Trap shoots normally held on Saturday mornings in the spring/summer will be suspended until further notice. The activity chairs are searching for ways to carry on these activities in compliance with social distancing; possibly by changing the format of our shoots to allow small groups of members to participate on a staggered schedule.
We are developing an interim process to allow new members to join the club without attending a General Membership meeting. We will notify the membership once we have a process defined.
- The Children’s Fishing Derby, scheduled for April 18th is cancelled. If at all possible, a future date will be announced. All members should please mail in their tickets for the Fishing Derby. We will hold the promotional drawing live on Facebook on April 18th at 11:00 a.m. We appreciate all members that donated to help sponsor this event. The funds from the promotional drawing will be held in the Fishing Derby Account until the derby is held.
- We are considering a small stocking of the pond sometime in early April for members and families to fish. Remember: the 3 trout per day limit is in effect.
Despite these difficult changes, the Westford Sportsmen’s Club will remain open to members. Please take advantage of the club to get outside and decompress.
Remember while you are at the club to follow the guidelines for social distancing:
- Don’t congregate in groups larger than 10;
- Don’t gather in the club buildings;
- Maintain a 6 foot distance between individuals;
- If you are ill, please stay off club grounds;
- … and finally – WASH YOUR HANDS!
President, Westford Sportsmen’s Club
The Westford Sportsmen’s Club 2020 membership renewal drive has ended. Dues were payable, and due by, January 6th, the date of the January general meeting. Dues rates remained unchanged from 2019: $150/$75 for regular member/spouse, $75/$37.50 for senior member/senior spouse. The work assessment is unchanged: 4 hours or $50.
Prospective new members remain welcome to apply for WSC membership at any time during the calendar year.
On March 4th, a message titled “Password Change Notice” containing the 2020 clubhouse WiFi/private web page password was EMailed to all members in good standing. The update has been applied to all systems as of March 18th.
Gate access cards were disabled for members whose dues were not paid by February 29th unless prior arrangements for payment had already been made with the Membership Secretary. Only members in good standing have access to club facilities. Membership has been terminated for any member whose dues remained unpaid after June 30th, and can only be restored by the full interview process (and payment of initiation fees).
We still have Life memberships available if you’re interested – no more renewal forms or sending payments in year after year. For more information, please contact the Membership Secretary.
Dave Gilson’s YouCaring.com fundraising page remains open and accepting contributions from WSC members like you, to help defray the medical costs of his fight against kidney failure. Please consider pitching in to help Dave and Lisa right now!