A 50 foot indoor pistol range is available to members 24 hours a day, except when there are meetings or other functions in the clubhouse room above the range.
This range is open to .22 rimfire rifles and most handgun loads. Access is controlled by a lock keyed to individual members’ proximity cards. To enable their card’s access, members must pass a Gun Skills Safety Review (GSSR). All guests, especially minors, must be supervised closely by their hosts while using the indoor range.
(The club also has two outdoor ranges: a 100 yard rifle range open to handguns, and a 25 yard handgun range).
The club fields two indoor pistol league (.22 Precision Pistol) teams.
For more information on the sport of Precision Pistol shooting, see the Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol. For more information on competing in the League with one of our club teams, contact the Pistol Team Secretary.
Gun Skills Safety Review
Indoor range access is only granted to members after successful completion of a Gun Skills Safety Review. GSSRs are generally held from 7:00PM-8:00PM on the second Tuesday of each month; please check the dates and times in the WSC Calendar.
GSSR generally occurs the week after monthly new member initiations. However, there is no pressure whatsoever to qualify for indoor range access in lockstep with club admission – the indoor range leverages skills that are easier to refine on the outdoor ranges. Those applying should make the following preparations well before the GSSR:
- Review the detailed objectives of the review.
- Study the WSC Indoor Pistol Range Standard Operating Procedures.
- Notify the indoor range chair (at least two days in advance) that you want to attend the month’s GSSR.
- View the (9 minute) National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) video Introduction to Range Safety and Etiquette.
- Fill out an Indoor Range Access request.
- (If you must cancel your month’s appointment, strive to give two days notice).
Bring the following items to the review:
- Your completed form.
- Eye and ear protection.
(Don’t skimp – the indoor range can be louder than outdoors).
(Don’t put yourself at a disadvantage by attempting to qualify with an unfamiliar gun, or short barrel guns such as snub noses. Shooting indoors at 50 feet is not as easy as it may appear).
- Target ammo in an approved caliber and style, sufficient to demonstrate the ability to place 5 consecutive shots on a 14″x14″ paper target backer.
- Pen, for filling out a 10 question multiple-choice test.
(Passing grade: 80%).
Indoor Pistol Events
|May 31, 2020||June 1, 2020||June 2, 2020||June 3, 2020||June 4, 2020||June 5, 2020||June 6, 2020|
|June 7, 2020||June 8, 2020||June 9, 2020
CANCELED Indoor Pistol Range GSSR - Range Reserved
June 9, 2020 –
- Meet in the clubhouse downstairs
|June 10, 2020||June 11, 2020||June 12, 2020||June 13, 2020|
|June 14, 2020||June 15, 2020||June 16, 2020||June 17, 2020||June 18, 2020||June 19, 2020||June 20, 2020|
|June 21, 2020||June 22, 2020||June 23, 2020||June 24, 2020||June 25, 2020||June 26, 2020||June 27, 2020|
|June 28, 2020||June 29, 2020||June 30, 2020||July 1, 2020||July 2, 2020||July 3, 2020||July 4, 2020|