Qualifications for use of the Action Bays by club members, to ensure that participants can safely use a holster with a handgun and shoot safely.
In essence, there will be a written test, and you will be required to draw and fire from a holster and hit a target at thirty feet.
- Center fire handgun in an acceptable caliber (see the rules)
- Belt-style holster that completely covers the trigger guard of the gun
- At least 30 rounds of ammo
- Orange range card (see the CRO for replacement of lost cards)
- Eye and ear protection
- Baseball-style hat
- A digital/printed copy of the rules for reference during the test
- A pen to take the written test
Full requirements are in the Action Bay Qualification Procedures.
The test is an open book 25-question multiple-choice which must be completed in 30 minutes. The passing grade is 21 correct answers, and requires great familiarity with the rules to finish in time.
This is a qualification session for the Action Bays. Successful completion is required to gain access to the Action Bays.