(How To Stay Legal and Out of Trouble)
A 6+ hour exploration of Massachusetts gun laws including ample time for your questions and answers. (NOTE: This is NOT the same material you received in a Basic Firearms Class, it is a lot more comprehensive than that).
We are taking registrations to ensure that we don’t exceed the 75-student attendance cap. At least 12 students have already registered with more on the way, so if you are going to attend, send the Webmaster your name, EMail, phone and WSC membership status.
This class exposes the rumors and presents the facts:
- The lawful use of lethal force for self defense.
- Safe & legal storage, carry, “forbidden places,” and transportation legalities.
- Buying, selling, transferring, shipping, and inheritance of firearms. FA-10 forms and filing issues.
- Understanding “Large Capacity” and “Assault Weapons” law.
- Discussion of “gray areas”, case law, law enforcement “thinking”, etc.
- Non-resident visitor issues, dual residency, ammo storage. Loss of license, restraining orders, bonded warehouses.
- Boston laws, interstate transportation, and lots more…
- The changes made in gun laws in August 2014.
- The Attorney General’s re-definition of an Assault Weapon will be discussed.
The class will be held in the upstairs clubhouse meeting room from 9:00AM (sharp) to 4:00PM, including a working lunch. Bring your own lunch; but there will be a coffee urn, and soda/chips for $1.
Free to WSC members; $20 cash for non-members (collected before the start of class on the Saturday).
Questions to the Webmaster.