A 50 foot indoor pistol range is available to members 24 hours a day, except when there are meetings or other functions in the clubhouse room above the range.
This range is open to .22 rimfire rifles and most handgun loads. Access is controlled by a lock keyed to individual members’ proximity cards. To enable their card’s access, members must pass a Gun Skills Safety Review (GSSR). All guests, especially minors, must be supervised closely by their hosts while using the indoor range.
(The club also has two outdoor ranges: a 100 yard rifle range open to handguns, and a 25 yard handgun range).
The club fields two indoor pistol league (.22 Precision Pistol) teams.
For more information on the sport of Precision Pistol shooting, see the Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol. For more information on competing in the League with one of our club teams, contact the Pistol Team Secretary.
Coronavirus Safety Procedures
Effective July 12, 2020, we are conditionally re-opening the Indoor Range .
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional mandatory procedures for the safe use of the Indoor Range. Failure to practice these procedures could result in the deactivation of your Indoor Range privileges. These procedures do not replace the standard operating procedures, which remain in full effect.
New procedures effective July 12, 2020
- Members only.
- Wear a face mask or respirator at all times.
- Only two (2) people are allowed in the range at any one time.
- Only alternate shooting lanes can be used: 1 & 3 or 2 & 4.
- Maximum of 60 minutes of range time per session.
- While waiting to shoot, no more than four (4) people may congregate in the waiting area.
- Maintain a safe social distance of at least six feet at all times.
- Wipe down your shooting lane platform after use.
- If used, wipe down the Safe Table after use.
- Shooters must supply their own wipes and hand sanitizer.
- Wash or disinfect hands frequently, and after using the restroom.
- Stay home if you or someone in your household feels sick.
In order to access the Indoor Range, you must first pass a Guns Skills Safety Review (GSSR). If you have not taken the GSSR, you may apply here.
Gun Skills Safety Review
Indoor range access is only granted to members after successful completion of a Gun Skills Safety Review. GSSRs are generally held from 7:00PM-8:00PM on the second Tuesday of each month; please check the dates and times in the WSC Calendar.
GSSR generally occurs the week after monthly new member initiations. However, there is no pressure whatsoever to qualify for indoor range access in lockstep with club admission – the indoor range leverages skills that are easier to refine on the outdoor ranges. Those applying should make the following preparations well before the GSSR:
- Review the detailed objectives of the review.
- Study the WSC Indoor Pistol Range Standard Operating Procedures.
- Notify the indoor range chair (at least two days in advance) that you want to attend the month’s GSSR.
- View the (9 minute) National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) video Introduction to Range Safety and Etiquette.
- Fill out an Indoor Range Access request.
- (If you must cancel your month’s appointment, strive to give two days notice).
Bring the following items to the review:
- Your completed form.
- Eye and ear protection.
(Don’t skimp – the indoor range can be louder than outdoors).
(Don’t put yourself at a disadvantage by attempting to qualify with an unfamiliar gun, or short barrel guns such as snub noses. Shooting indoors at 50 feet is not as easy as it may appear).
- Target ammo in an approved caliber and style, sufficient to demonstrate the ability to place 5 consecutive shots on a 14″x14″ paper target backer.
- Pen, for filling out a 10 question multiple-choice test.
(Passing grade: 80%).
Indoor Pistol Events
|February 7, 2021||February 8, 2021||
February 9, 2021
February 9, 2021 –
Canceled due to weather.
|February 10, 2021||February 11, 2021||February 12, 2021||February 13, 2021|