A 50 foot indoor pistol range is available to members 24 hours a day, except when there are meetings or other functions in the clubhouse room above the range.
This range is open to .22 rimfire rifles and most handgun loads. Access is controlled by a lock keyed to individual members’ proximity cards. To enable their card’s access, members must pass a Gun Skills Safety Review (GSSR) briefing. All guests, especially minors, must be supervised closely by their hosts while using the indoor range.
(The club also has two outdoor ranges: a 100 yard rifle range open to handguns and a 25 yard handgun range).
The club fields two indoor pistol league (.22 bullseye) teams. For more information on the sport of bullseye shooting, see the Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol. For more information on competing in the League with one of our club teams, contact the Pistol Team Secretary.
Gun Skills Safety Review
Indoor range access is only granted to members after successful completion of a Gun Skills Safety Review briefing. GSSR briefings are generally held from 7:00PM-8:00PM on the second Tuesday of each month; please check the dates and times in the WSC Calendar. Those applying should make the following preparations well before the briefing:
- Notify the indoor range/pistol committee chair that you want to attend a GSSR briefing.
- Review the detailed objectives of the briefing.
- Study the WSC Indoor Pistol Range Standard Operating Procedures.
- View the (9 minute) National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) video Introduction to Range Safety and Etiquette.
- Fill out an Indoor Range Access request.
Bring the following items to the briefing:
- Your completed form.
- Eye and ear protection.
(Don’t stint – the indoor range can be louder than outdoors).
(Don’t put yourself at a disadvantage by attempting to qualify with an unfamiliar gun, or short barrel guns such as snub noses. Shooting indoors at 50 feet is not as easy as it may appear).
- Target ammo in an approved caliber and style, sufficient to demonstrate the ability to place 5 consecutive shots on a 14″x14″ paper target backer.
- Pen, for filling out a 10 question multiple-choice test.
(Passing grade: 80%).
Indoor Pistol Events
|Feb 12, '17||Feb 13, '17||Feb 14, '17||Feb 15, '17||
Feb 16, '17
February 16, 2017 –
Required briefing to obtain access to use Indoor Pistol Range. Bring gun and approved target ammo.
|Feb 17, '17||Feb 18, '17|