A club officer’s personal address book has been copied by hackers. They are masquerading as the officer in bogus EMails asking people to shop for gift cards on their behalf to be used to buy “Corona Disease” masks for veterans in “Hospice and Palliative care units”.
There is no club veteran hospice virus mask program. This is a criminal fraud. WSC officers will never contact members to buy gift cards on their behalf for any purpose. Do not respond to such EMails in any way.
Please see WSC Indoor Range Chair Chuck Steinhauser’s letter of July 7th, and WSC President David Martin’s letters of May 21st and March 19th to the membership about changes being made to club operations to comply with State and Federal directions to reduce the rate of infection from the coronavirus pandemic.
The current changes are:
7-Jul’20: From today’s Indoor Range Chair’s Letter:
- The Indoor Range will reopen on Sunday, July 12th operating under additional health and safety rules.
21-May’20: From today’s President’s Letter:
- Trap has resumed for WSC members only on a restricted basis using a new online reservation system and new operating standards. Also, payments for rounds may now be made online.
- Our Outdoor Archery range and 3D Archery course remain open to members.
- According to the State Reopening Plan, Hunting has recommenced. Members should adhere to Social Distancing guidelines and must follow state Hunting regulations. This refers to generic hunting – the Game Preserve has never stocked birds during the summer.
- 1-Apr’20: From the President: The entire clubhouse (including meeting spaces,
Indoor Range, and both bathrooms) is closed. Please avoid entering closed spaces except in case of an emergency for access to resources like the AED or landline phone.
- 1-Apr’20: From the Trap chair: The May 16th ATA Trap Marathon is canceled. The April 11th Marathon was already canceled.
- 27-Mar’20: From the Membership Secretary: Monthly New Member Presentations will be conducted online via Zoom videoconferencing until further notice.
20-Mar’20: From the Indoor Range chair: The Indoor Range (and its “inner” bathroom) is closed until further notice.
19-Mar’20: From today’s President’s Letter:
- E-Board and General Membership meetings are cancelled until further notice. We are investigating ways to carry on the club’s functions through online tools.
- Open Sporting Clays
and Trap shoots normally held on Saturday mornings in the spring/summer will be suspended until further notice. The activity chairs are searching for ways to carry on these activities in compliance with social distancing; possibly by changing the format of our shoots to allow small groups of members to participate on a staggered schedule.
We are developing an interim process to allow new members to join the club without attending a General Membership meeting. We will notify the membership once we have a process defined.
- The Children’s Fishing Derby, scheduled for April 18th is cancelled. If at all possible, a future date will be announced. All members should please mail in their tickets for the Fishing Derby. We will hold the promotional drawing live on Facebook on April 18th at 11:00 a.m. We appreciate all members that donated to help sponsor this event. The funds from the promotional drawing will be held in the Fishing Derby Account until the derby is held.
- We are considering a small stocking of the pond sometime in early April for members and families to fish. Remember: the 3 trout per day limit is in effect.
Despite these difficult changes, the Westford Sportsmen’s Club will remain open to members. Please take advantage of the club to get outside and decompress.
Remember while you are at the club to follow the guidelines for social distancing:
- Don’t congregate in groups larger than 10;
- Don’t gather in the club buildings;
- Maintain a 6 foot distance between individuals;
- If you are ill, please stay off club grounds;
- … and finally – WASH YOUR HANDS!
President, Westford Sportsmen’s Club
Reminder: Because of the forecast snow storm, WSC’s December, 2019 general membership meeting has been delayed by a week, to the second Monday night of the month – Monday, December 9th, 2019.
Have a safe week, and come to the general meeting a week later (and an hour earlier than for regular meetings), with your potluck main dish, side dish, or dessert.
Reminder: To avoid Independence Day week, WSC’s July, 2018 E-Board and general membership meetings have been rescheduled to the second Monday night of the month – Monday, July 9th, 2018.
Have a Happy Independence Day week and come to the general meeting a week later, prepared to enjoy Pizza or a Sub for dinner.
Reminder: To avoid New Year’s Day, WSC’s January, 2017 general membership meeting has been rescheduled to the second Monday night of the month – Monday, January 9th, 2017.
Have a Happy New Year’s weekend and come to the general meeting a week later, prepared to enjoy Chicken Broccoli Ziti Alfredo for dinner.